The Italian Junkyard

Thoughts, ideas, criticism about cars. Interesting news and facts from the world of the automobile. Events in Italy and Modena. What you can find elsewhere, filtered through the eyes of a discerning enthusiast. Design, style, everything on the chopping block. Nobody is safe anymore.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

11.1 True story, I'm an engineer.



One week after, I have to say that the best part of getting my degree is packing by stuff for a week at parents' house and having nothing to put in the bag. Not a book, not a notebook, no notes, nothing at all. Just my laptop, the external HD and other personal stuff. University is just a memory...for now.

So last Friday I finished my first degree, now I'm a mechanical engineer and I don't know what to do whit it. Actually, in a couple of week or so I'll start with a specialization degree in automotive engineering, still here in Modena. My feelings about this University are a bit...negative, but I couldn't find any better place for my future. I mean, I still love cars and how they work, why they work, so this automotive path was kinda obvious, and even if this University is full of problems and things that let me down on several occasions, the area is full of sporting engines screaming, mules hidden just around the corner and men in love with cars, with a passion.

Ferrari 250 GT TdF Scaglietti '1 Louvre' Coupe






Several of my friends here applied for a specialization in mechanical engineering rather than automotive eng., mainly because of the easier path they will face.
It isn't something about being lazy or something, there really was something wrong in the automotive course that made it more difficult, so not something subject related. It was the way the course was held, the behavior of some teachers, and the fact that you came here to study cars, and eventually they made you hate them.
Kinda sad, but I guess that maybe these friends of mine didn't want it so much in first place. I came here to do this, and I will, that's the plane.

So start saving because in the (hopefully) near future you'll knock at my door to test drive my new supercar...hey, dreams are free!



Bonus old pics of Modena, taken at the exotics garage "AutoSpeak", which used to be an official Bugatti dealer in the days of Romano Artioli...of course I remember of chapter 10.2!

Click "Want to know more?" to...see much more (automotive) images!
Now click on the name of the cars if you want to get more info and yet more images.


ItalDesign Aztec




Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster




Ferrari 330 GTO bodywork



Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti DTM



Tatra 57



Alfa Romeo RZ Cup




Austin-Healey 3000 mkII




Lancia Aprilia



Lotus Elan S1



Ferrari 365 GTC/4




Maserati Quattroporte 4200




Moretti 750



Other pictures from other dealers coming soon.

All Pictures Copyright: Damiano Garro

No comments:

Post a Comment