The Italian Junkyard

Thoughts, ideas, criticism about cars. Interesting news and facts from the world of the automobile. Events in Italy and Modena. What you can find elsewhere, filtered through the eyes of a discerning enthusiast. Design, style, everything on the chopping block. Nobody is safe anymore.

Friday, September 26, 2014

I like Mondays: my new life at Lamborghini


Been a while, but I have a good excuse this time.

A few weeks ago I landed myself a nice position at Lamborghini, R&D department.

Aside from the overexposure of Huracana and Aventadors in all shades and configurations, it's a great place to be, nice people, relaxed environment, and great food at noon too. Also, from time to time you get to see some very special toys like the pictured Veneno, the first one to be built and finished with red accents. The green model is presently in Miami in the hands of enthusiast and collector Kris Singh, who also got himself the first bespoke Pagani Huayra nicknamed La Monza Lisa, while the white coupe is in China/HK. As for the Veneno Roadsters, I haven't checked on them yet.

I was also lucky enough to see the equally rare Sesto Elemento during the final checks before its lucky owner could take possession of that precious little gem. I'm not a fan of the Gallardo LP570/4 SuperLeggera drivetrain, but the design is striking.

Of course there aren't and there won't be many pictures coming as its pretty much forbidden to the deadliest level, as you may imagine.

I'm obviously over the moon to be finally involved in the creation of these spectacular exotics. I'm even more blown away by the complication hidden behind every single detail, something that the average enthusiast often forgets to consider. If things are done in a specific way, there are good chance there are quite a few reasons why.

I'll be sure to enjoy my time there for you too :D
 

All Watermarked Pictures and Words Copyright: Damiano Garro for The Italian Junkyard
This article can be linked to from other websites but its content and the pictures can't be reproduced on any other website without my written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment